Sunday 2 February 2014

ONLINE CLIMATE COURSE UPDATE

Regular readers may recall that I signed up to take part in an online climate change course. I am now in the third week and a few controversial matters have cropped up as you can see if you look at the clip here. At ten minutes in there is a piece on the residence time of CO2, where Prof Lenton asserts that CO2 could remain in the atmosphere for up to "hundreds of thousands" of years, and at twelve minutes the infamous Mann Hockey Stick graph was pushed forward. I believe the majority of students are firmly in the alarmist camp, but I still try to gently point out the fact that, although I accept that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, there are many points, like those pointed out in the clip, where there is fierce genuine disagreement on the science.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climate Science welcomes your views/messages.